Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:27:00 PM
Union County Public Works is hosting the 2016 Household Hazardous Waste day on Saturday, April 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Church Street parking lot in downtown Monroe.
Union County residents may drop off the following items:
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW): paints, solvents, herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, cleaners, household chemicals, household batteries, cooking oil, grease and fluorescent bulbs.
- Latex paint: must be less than 3 years old. * Containers must be at least half full. * All cans must have secure lids. *No leaky or rusted cans accepted. * Paint must not have any solidification. *Cans may be rejected.
- Tires: off the rim, limit 10.
- Batteries: lead-acid batteries
- Motor Oil & Filters: limit 5 gallons
- Paper Shredding Service: shred your personal and financial documents. ** Limit 5 boxes
- Electronics: computers, laptops, printers, VCRs, mobile phones, TVs, microwaves, vacuums, electronic games, anything with an electronic motor, plug or computer chip.
Call Union County Public Works for additional information at 704-296-4210.